Thursday, July 30, 2015

My planting adventure - Part 4 a.k.a Is that green bump a tomato?!

Hello again,


Guess what? It seems that you can actually take my advices on how to grow tomatoes after all because my beauties decided to do this:

I was so happy to see that they decided to produce tomatoes, and it was mostly because of the following reasons: 
- I have seen these plants grow from tiny tomato seeds, I have witnessed the phrases they went through and at this point... they're like a part of the family, a part that apparently wants the whole balcony for itself :).
- I love nature. I keep on wanting to help it anyway I can and helping it grow healthy by nurturing it with love feels right
- Due to the lack of communication between me and my tomato, I had to guess the whole time if I was doing the right thing or not. At times, it refused to give me any sort of hint as to how it was doing which did make me anxious. The tomatoes that appeared are good enough proof for me that it is doing okay. 

And even though you might be tempted to think the adventure is over, you'll now find out that apparently there is one more big thing they need to do: turn red. And of course, I want to replant this tomato next year so I'll have to learn how to stack the seed throughout winter, so stay tuned for more...
  
Wishing you the best,
Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Great article the next time you can use the seeds in a grain of tomatoes instead of buying it so I do

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm going for next year xD

      Delete