Monday, December 3, 2012

Ten things I've learned from being a girl

I think that even if I had a chance to choose my genre before being born I would've picked being a girl all the time. There is something special about being a girl, it is truly an unique experience. 

1. There's nothing that can boost your morale like high heels and red lipstick
Nothing can pick you up better  after you had a bad day as fast as red lipstick, high heels and your favorite perfume. I don't know about you but that trick always works for me.

2. You can multitask
Because I can talk over the phone while doing my toenails and still have one free hand. 

3. Bags are more useful than they look
When I wasn't using them, I used to think they are impractical but since I got my first bag and saw that I could fit my phone, pack of napkins, pack of gum, lipstick, wallet, umbrella, notebook and the list could go on, I became addicted to bags.

4. Independence has a sweet taste
A lot of people will expect of you to ask for help like all of the time because you are a cute, little, well mannered, fragile girl...but the days when girls used to carry a lipstick and smile politely are long gone...at least that's how I see it. There's nothing better than depending on yourself.  

5. PMS is real
See, you might think movies are over doing it when you see girls losing their minds when PMS'ing, but it's not a fake. I get mood swings like a bipolar person when I PMS. Not to mention the pain and the craving for sweets, the tiredness...urgh!

6. Seduction is an art
And just like every other art you have to have an eye for it... and you have to nurture your taste for it, that's why make sure you only take lessons from ladies and your natural beauty, not from... well, what you see lately on TV. 

7. Sometimes a girlfriend is a girl you don't even know
Remember that nice girl that lend you a tampon when you needed one and she didn't even know you? or that cute girl in the clothes store that told you a particular dress fits you better? You weren't even acquaintances and still they offered their support. 

8. Listen to your instincts
Instincts are a girl's best friend sometimes. I don't know how come but most of the times I can just tell when something fishy is going on (those are the days when people look at me like I'm crazy or something 'cause I walk with an arched eyebrow - just kidding). Anyway, learn to listen to your instincts... they might really come in hand. 

9. Make up is a powerful weapon
It can emphasize your eyes to make them look bigger, it can definitely hide away those pimples and make you look refreshed and energized after a restless night. There's nothing that make up can't cover up...uhm... expect for the truth! 

10. Don't ask a question unless you are ready to hear the answer to it
I know it may sound like a joke but it actually isn't. Lord knows I've learned the hard way not to ask questions when I wasn't really ready for an answer.


So what did you learn from girls/ being a girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment