Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Poem - Life is so...

This is a poem I wrote a couple of months ago. I still remember the day...I was so stressed out that I thought I would die. I couldn't focus on doing  what I had to, I was completely uninspired and feeling bad overall. And then, something amazing happened. I heard my wind chimes "song" (you know the sound they make. I like to call it their "little song" ) and became instantly inspired by that. So I relaxed and enjoyed their song after which I started to look around me, and see the beauty of life. That is how this poem was born. Hope you'll enjoy it. 




Life is so… beautiful!
Like the first breath you take in each morning.
Beautiful, like the music of your heart.
Like, wind chimes in the wind and birds flying high – spreading their wings just for the sake of being blessed and caressed by the wind.
Like sunrises seen from mountaintops and skyline sunsets on rooftops.
Like the steam raising from the sewers in wintertime…
Like waves crushing the shore… again and again, like feeling the impact the full moon has on them.
Beautiful like dandelions in full bloom… like… you in full bloom.
Beautiful, like a room full of people that appreciate your metaphors… or just that someone in the room with you, that someone who knows your scars stories by heart and knows how to sing your favorite lullaby when bad thoughts make it impossible for you to fall asleep.
Life is beautiful.
Like a child's innocent laugh and your loved ones smiles.
Like whispers and secret wishes, silly situations and pillow fights.
Like cats being afraid of dogs that fear those cats already.
Like us… being all fouls. Cause see, sometimes I fear you may hurt me while you fear I'll do the same to you so instead of reaching out to touch your soul… I reach out to touch your insecurities and then point at your flaws.
Beautiful… like when I realize I can see myself in you so we connect.
Beautiful, like how no matter how different we all are we always find something in common, the way a sudden rain takes us all by surprise and gets all of us wet.
Life is beautiful… Like painters, painting their way out of the night, writers writing their way out of confusion and singers singing their way out of depression.
Beautiful…just like the sun's rays finding them all in the morning and shining on their tired bodies, hoping that will be a good enough reason for them to carry on and stay strong.
Beautiful…like kids jumping the rope on the block and you still watching cartoons from time to time. Like that special color of a winter's sunset.
Beautiful… like life seen from a hot air balloon flight and little flaws seen from outer space.
Life is just… breathtaking.
Like inhaling your mother's perfume and exhaling hope, love, devotion in your lover's ear.
Like scratching the words powerful and perfect on the foreheads of all the renegades, who shine brighter than others but are being judged by the standards of these sick societies. Beautiful like pay it forward (the concept of the movie), do overs and being able to dream above the limits. Like saying: Yes, I can!
Beautiful… like rainbows and daisies, fireflies and sprinklers during warm summer nights.
Like oak trees, wolf's solitude and owl's wisdom. Midnight cups of coffee over conversations and ideas, puffy clouds and poetry.
Life is so…beautiful…
Like when I remember, it's not in the words so I'll drop the pen and start living it.


Wishing you the best,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment