Monday, March 21, 2016

How cherry tomato seedlings look

I remember the first time I placed a cherry tomato seed in the soil eagerly waiting to see the results of my nurturing. At that time, of course I got incredibly excited when a few days later a green stem emerged from the ground, because I was assuming that the outcome was a tomato seedling. I took my time to grow this weed (later did I find out it was just a regular weed) continuing to believe that it was a tomato seedling. 

At some point, other green stems emerged from the ground and given the fact that they looked differently than my "tomato seedling" I began considering the possibility of them being weeds. But I was just a noob in the field and I wasn't sure which one was a weed and which was a tomato seedling. After some hours of research on the Internet, I managed to tell the difference between the tomato seedling and the weed. 

Now I wish to spare you the wasted time for researching purposes, and that's why this year I took some snapshots of my tomato seedlings to share them with you.



As you can see the cherry tomato seedlings first grow a pair of pointed leaves while their stem is fluffy and has a red shade. As they grow, the leaves that emerge have a unique shape that I cannot describe so please check the images below. Also, their stem's red color deepens and both the leaves and the stem become fluffy. 



And those my friends, are cherry tomato seedlings. If you want to see pictures of more mature tomato seedlings you should click here 

Happy gardening,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment