Friday, January 18, 2013

Haven season 3 finale impression

If you don't know about Syfy's "Haven" series make sure you get the dvd's or check it next time is on TV. The story caught my attention from the very first episode, the opening theme tickled my interest. To begin with, the song is great for a mystery strange small town and the images are very suggestive in a way you don't know what's up with them but you know you want to find out everything about it. The role play is great, the actors blend in greater than I would've expected. It's the way they look, talk and behave that fits their character's profile like a glove.

I witnessed amazed as the whole story turned into a different direction in an amazing way. In the beginning of the series the story is about Audrey Parker, a FBI agent that is sent into a small town to investigate the death of an escaped federal prisoner local to the town. Something fishy goes on from the very first day but it's quite subliminal and not a lot of accent on it so it was perfect to stir my attention and keep me hooked on the series. 

From that point on strange things start happening in Haven, and Audrey quits her job as an FBI agent to help the citizens of Haven cope with the "troubles". The whole idea of the "troubles" and the "troubled ones" appealed to me, especially when you get those in a small town when nothing big is supposed to happen - but I just love the cliché of weird things going on in small towns. I guess small towns do have a certain charm to them. The series is great, I definitely recommend it. 

Now if you already seen the first and second season I'm sorry for being so long, I just want to convince more people it is a must watch series. Here I go with my impressions of the Season 3 finale (SPOILER ALERT) 

AMAZING! A definite 5/5 star.

There was so much info flooding me in the last episode that I had to take small breaks from the movie from time to time just to connect everything I've seen so far. Sometimes the connections formed that fast that I could almost hear a click in my mind. The whole Duke and Nate - which were supposed to fight each other and hate each other working together to save Audrey was great. One more thing I liked was the way the screen writers connected the bolt gun killer with the skin walker and then with Audrey's son, well not directly with her son but trough her son's wife. I also witnessed delighted as Vince and Dave started revealing their secrets. I couldn't wait for them to start speaking...I was sure there was more to them than the movie showed us in the beginning of the series. There was always that something about them, the looks they gave each other whenever Audrey suspected something. It felt so good to see what they are hiding and I must say, there were some things I didn't see coming. 

The barn idea was great, I had a thing for it since it first appeared in an earlier episode so I was pleased to see it appear once again and have so much meaning to it. One more thing that surprised me in a pleasant way was to see Audrey's kid and see who his father is. 

Now, the thing that really took me by surprise was the ending. I was ready for Audrey to get in the barn, quite sad but I've seen it coming...but I didn't see Nate doing everything in his power to stop it like that. Including shooting Audrey's formal boss, the thing really made me raise and eyebrow and definitely took me by surprise. I also didn't expect Jordan to shoot Nate - I mean come on, I get it you want a trouble free Haven... but you loved the guy right? And I didn't expect Duke to get in the barn to save Audrey... not to mention to see the barn disappear while he was trying to rescue Audrey.

But... what really made it so great was how the meteorites keep hitting Haven even thou Audrey was still inside the barn and supposedly that was stopping the troubles. It really left me wondering what will happen, so I can barely wait to see the next season. I mean yeah, you just messed up the natural flow of life, bad things are bound to happen... 

So, I give a big round of applause to the screen writers, the producer and the actors. Great work, it's good to finally see some mystery series coming from the Syfy channel. Congrats! 

No comments:

Post a Comment